To be a premier professional institution to spread culture of Quality in all aspects of human endeavours.
•NCQM Shall operate as professional 'not for profit' service organization.
•Provide knowledge and expertise to Business, Industry and Society in pursuit of Quality Leadership.
•Ensure total satisfaction to stakeholders through professional training, consultancy, seminars, workshops,
interactive programs & publication.
Seven interrelated Core Values are:
1) Visionary Leadership
6) Respect for people
7) Systems Perspective
Provide services for education, training, research and facilitation for Management of Quality and shall meet customer
needs and expectations.
Develop instructional material (including case studies) and training aids for Quality related education and training.
Conduct seminars, workshops and courses to propagate Quality Management concepts.
Interact with like-minded bodies for conducting programmes on topics related to Quality Management.
Work with educational institutions to introduce Quality Education in their curricula.
Conduct diagnostic checks in client organizations to help them understand the strengths and weaknesses in respect of Quality Management.
Provide services to members for development, establishment and implementation of TQM and Quality Management Systems.
Till mid-eighties India had a controlled regime with sheltered markets and economy.
Liberalisation and Globalisation appeared remote. The image of 'Made in India' label was unsavory.
Mr.D.L.Shah, CMD Perfect Machine Tools and Dr. K.K. Anand, Consultant & Author along with some enlightened
industrialists and professionals came together to assess the situation and find a solution. National Centre
for Quality Management (NCQM) is the outcome of their efforts. Late Shri Ramkrishna Bajaj, Chairman, Bajaj
Group of Industries, was NCQM's first President. It was established in 1985 as a non-profit society of members
with a vision to make 'Made in India', a label known worldwide for Quality.
The organization of NCQM consists of a Governing Board, its various committees and the office of the Executive Director. NCQM's international committee of well-known personalities help NCQM in keeping pace with the latest developments.
Eminent industrialists and reputed professionals, conscious about Quality, are members of the Governing Board. The Board is responsible for laying down policies, giving directions, allocating resources and monitoring performance. view the commitee members...
To effectively discharge its responsibilities, the Board has appointed different committees to look after specific activities.
1.   Programme Committee:Provides guidelines and norms for developing new programmes, reviews feedback and plans activities.
2.   Finance & Funds Committee: Plans & monitors budget, reviews performance and provides guidance for investment of funds.
3.   Membership Committee: Ensures update on membership, develops guidelines for promoting membership and services to members.
4.   Publication Committee: Looks after publication activities of newsletter and other accepted monographs, books etc.
Hours Of Support
• Conducted over 1000 public programmes
• Conducted over 500 in-house programmes
• Assisted over 100 organizations to implement various quality systems
• Arranged lectures on Quality by international experts viz. James Harrington, Dr.Gopal Kanji, Philip Crosby, Taguchi, Navin Dedhia and others.
• Completed a research project on "Quality Practices in Automobile components sector” and first phase of "Quality Practices in Indian Software Industry".
• Awarded Diploma in Quality Management to over 1000 candidates.
• Free seminars / Lectures on topics of Current interest from time to time.
• NCQM in association with Bombay Management Association (BMA) conducted Quality Conference 2006 on ‘Quality Drives Economic Value’ during April 2006.
• NCQM in association with Institute for Technology and Management (ITM) conducted International Conference on “Quality Management Practices” ICQMP during August 2007
• NCQM is association with Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies University (NMIMS University ) conducted International Conference on “Contemporary Management Systems” – INCOMAS’08 during February 2008
• NCQM is association with Institute for Technology and Management (ITM) conducted International Conference on “Service Quality Excellence” (ICSQ) during February 2009.
• Awareness Workshop on QCI - D. L. Shah Quality Award 2014
Jointly organised by Quality Council of India (QCI) and National Centre for Quality Management (NCQM)
NCQM conducts International Conferences
NCQM has been facilitating Best Educational Quality Enhancement Team for past 10 years.
NCQM provides conference hall facility which has a capacity of 25-50 people
1. TQC at Enterprise Level (English & Hindi)
2. Statistical Process Control with application by B.Banerjee
3. Total Quality Management and purchasing by S.M Modi
4. 5S Booklet Available
5. Implementing ISO 9001: 2008 QMS Reference Guide (2nd Edition) by Divya Singhal & K.R Singhal
NCQM has a large membership base globally. Membership of NCQM contributes to the cause of quality, encourages continuous improvement and provides sustained support to NCQM. A member can join this organization any time during the year. Any organization or an individual in India and abroad can join NCQM as a member. Special services and benefits are offered to members.Membership Details (Revised NOVEMBER 2017) Membership Application Form (Revised NOVEMBER 2017)